Monday, 5 December 2011

Santa & Crafty Time

Hey,


Hope you are all getting into the festive vibe?!


We put our Christmas decorations up on Saturday.  The need for festive cheer was overdue; I think I would have my 'decs up all year round if I could! 


I love getting out the decorations that the children have made over the years.  The little star below made from lollypop sticks and white trim was made by Felix when he was about 3. It's funny how I remember the exact moment he made it, which was at a little place I'd call our sanctuary when he was around that age; the only place I could find which welcomed us whilst Felix's condition was  probably at it's peak.  


On Sunday, we popped over to the beautiful Calke Abbey to see the man himself...Santa!


They had also converted one of the old barns into a craft haven for the little people so we made some reindeer dust, Christmas cards, crackers and decorated paper bags with ribbons and trims...







Edie with her little bag of magical reindeer dust

I'm loving this 1970's wool, hooded maxi coat the moment. I think it's the warmest coat I have owned!


  





xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great time!!! I love getting the decs up. James thought his drum exam went okay, so fingers crossed!!

    Have a great rest of the week J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your family...
    SMILE
    bEST WISHES!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time.
XxX