Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Handmade Messenger Bag

Hey!

I know, I know, I haven't been over here for a few weeks. Life has been busy I guess with a batch of the typical wintery illnesses and a bit of this, a bit of that...

But anyway, I have been doing a bit more sewing and wanted to share this little 'Pusscat' Messenger Bag I made for my lovely friend Kayleigh Radcliffe. 

I had been stashing away some vintage illustrated fabric for some time now and originally, I had something else planned but just like that (typically!), I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to make a bag.

I wanted to make something different to the normal tote and to me, this little cat face needed to be on show so I opted for a little messenger bag and I loved making it!

The jade cat fabric was a really soft brushed cotton so I teamed it with an organic charcoal fleece and lined it with a brown floral cotton.  Oh and I squeezed a little heart on the inside too :)

I can't wait to make myself one of these bags. Maybe in a soft brown leather, suede, linen...








xxxx


6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is one gorgeous bag! i want i want! hehe! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you everyone...Kayleigh loved it! Phew! Haha.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re so sweet! You made a bag for your friend! Why? Was it her birthday? By the way, where did you get that vintage illustrated fabric? If I’ll make my own bag, I’d definitely have a dog design on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time.
XxX